Thursday 21 November 2013

Da-Da-Da Dasoda MG Mega Liquid Concealer~

Ok I admit I'm at a loss for a decent title XP

Anyway~~ This isn't a new product, launched much earlier this year but I only recently finished my Sleek Makeup concealer so finally I was able to justify a new purchase~

This is the Dasoda MG Mega Liquid Concealer~

Retails at S$25.90 at Watsons, Sasa, y'know...the usual places =P

It comes in 2 colours, Natural and Ochre. Natural is a pink-ish shade and Ochre is a yellow-ish shade. As there weren't any testers I had to struggle for awhile to decide but thankfully, I got Ochre which is PERFECT for my NC25-30 skintone. (Check out my FAQ section for an idea of my skin tone across brands.)

A look at the back of the box info:


This concealer is also formulated with various ingredients for a 'lift-up' function and daily use supposedly can help prevent wrinkles, dryness and age spots around the eyes. That's a nice little titbit but to me, makeup is makeup..doesn't help that the skincare ingredients I can see (Royal Jelly extract, Collagen etc) are at the tail end of the ingredients list.

 
 
Moving on, here's a look at the calligraphy brush applicator~
 
 
When it's new the brush is pure white and it took me quite a while of clicking away to get the initial flow going >_< For awhile I thought the product had dried up inside the pen!

Easy click-to-dispense mechanism

The 'clicker' is firm and doesn't overdispense. =)

Blends like a dream~

The concealer liquid is quite creamy but not thick and blends very smoothly even with several layers.
 
Here I have the concealer on my undereyes, nose (on the bridge and on the redness under my nose area) and temples plus selected spots here and there on my face.

Pretty decent with just concealer ey? =D

I was really happy that it didn't cake and emphasize the lines under my eyes even though I applied several layers!

Yay no caking!!

After this all I added was a light dusting of Bare Minerals loose power, a smattering of blusher and lipbalm and I was all set!

All done in like what, 5-10min? Woots!

I have to say, I'm really liking this one!
 
In short, the Dasoda MG Mega Concealer Liquid:
  • slim casing is super easy to bring around
  • smooth liquid product dispenses and blends well
  • conceals light to medium blemishes and undereye circles well after layering
  • coverage is buildable to a medium level without caking up or emphasizing lines
  • easily available and affordable (Currently 20% off!)
  • having only 2 colour options might make it difficult to match skin tones

I was hesitant at first because there wasn't a tester and it was pricier than the Sleek concealer I had before but I'm glad I got this! ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?