VMV Hypoallergenics - Validated hypoallergenic, ramdomized, blinded, published and awarded clinical studies since 1979. 100% Fragrance, Paraben, Preservative and Phthalete-free.
Doesn't that make you feel like your skin is in good hands?
I've been doing too much shopping off Luxola recently and one of the products I picked up was the Skintangible BBBB Cream from VMV Hypoallergenics. I know I know....I've got too many bottles of BBs, CCs and liquid foundations as it is...but...I'm sure 1 more bottle's fine~ =P *ambles away*
First off, I love the eco-friendly packaging that's glue-free! And all available surfaces are packed with information so there's lots to read if you're keen to~
Description: This barely-there, "dew"lightly non-makekup is tinted subtly, beautifully evening out skin tone and refining the complexion.
With antioxidants and purely mineral SPF sunscreens to protect against fine lines, hyperpigmentations and other signs of (photo) ageing. With monolaurin plus other monoglycerides - all coconut-derived, soothing, anti-acne and anti-inflammatory. Multi-purpose: It can be used alone as a barely there non-makeup that leaves the complexion incredibly natural looking yet "skintriguingly" more refined. It also works under makeup as a skin-friendly, skin-enhancing primer.
A uniquely "can't-put-my-finger-on-it-but-wow-your-skin-look-awesome" finish that subtly evens out skin tone, imparts a soft glow + works alone or under makeup as a primer. Purely physical (inorganic) SPF30 protection too. One shade works for all skin tones.
Validated hypoallergenic: VH - 76/76. 100% All-Types-Of-Fragrance-Free. 100% Dye-Phyhalete + Paraben + Preservative-Free. Non-Comedogenic. Non-Drying. Non-Darkening. Usage + Patch-Tested. All Skin Types.
(VH - 76/76 rating means that this product has none of the 76 identified allergens.)
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide: 2%, Zinc Oxide: 14%
Ingredients: Alumina, Aqua/Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprate, Glyceryl Laurate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicon, PEG100 Sterate, Simethicone, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Sodium Phytate, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).
Above information extracted from VMV Hypoallergenics
Comes in a little sturdy bottle with a pump and plastic cap....which strangely enough has a gap where the nozzle sticks out a little. Umm....I don't get it. While there hasn't been any incident of seepage, there have been instances when the little residue just inside the nozzle has stained (slightly) the inside of my makeup bag. But in the big picture, I guess that's not a big deal.
The term 'subtly tinted' might not be the first thing to mind as the product pumps out looking quite dark for my NC25 - 30 skin tone... But thankfully, the cream spreads easily and the colour blends well without affecting my original skin tone. See? Those with fairer skin like NC20 might find it too dark though..but I feel that if you're going to layer some powder, that'll even things out fine.
Oh by the way, 1 pump is sufficient for my entire face =) The BBBB cream lends a very slight dewy finish to my combination/oily skin that (thankfully) doesn't cause my face to degenerate into an oil slick throughout the day.
The term 'barely there' in the product description is right, there is little to no cover so I don't see how it's a 'BB but better' in that aspect. I also fail to see any sort of 'refining' effect. However, it performs GREAT as a primer. I used ONLY a layer of Bare Minerals compact powder on top of it and noticed that I got more coverage than usual and a smoother finish. PLUS my makeup stayed put much longer than before!
I like that the cream doesn't feel silicon-y, it feels just like any regular BB cream and doesn't leave any sort of visible layer or layering look on the skin. Also, the price is very affordable, S$24 for 12g on Luxola. Luxola has so many sales however that it's likely you can snag it for 20% off if you keep a lookout. I liked it as a base so much that I bought a 2nd bottle the moment the next Luxola sale came up!
In a nutshell, the VMV Hypoallergenics Skintangible BBBB cream:
- hails from a reputable brand, stocked at Common Thread at Ion Orchard if you ever feel like checking out the products before purchase.
- affordably priced at S$24/12g on Luxola.
- comes in a thumb-sized sturdy glass bottle with an easily controlled pump nozzle. Design of the plastic cap poses a SLIGHT possibility of staining on the inside of the makeup pouch though.
- spreads easily and doesn't affect the tone of my NC25-30 skin tone despite dispensing a tad dark. Fairer skin like NC20 might have an issue but powdering can even things out.
- has SPF30 so it could also function as a 'tinted' sunblock.
- has little to no coverage, doesn't perform like a BB cream in that aspect but might be sufficient for you lucky peeps with good skin to begin with~
- imparts a very slight dewy finish to my combination/oily skin but doesn't develop into an oil slick.
- makeup goes on smoother and lasts much longer, got more coverage than usual from my Bare Minerals powder.
- doesn't go on feeling all silicon-y, feels just like a regular BB cream.
- doesn't leave any sort of 'layered with makeup' look when used with concealer and powder.
- didn't cause any sort of reaction on my skin, but then it IS a hypoallergenic cosmetic.
Overall, I'm ever so slightly bummed that it didn't give any coverage and didn't really improve the look of my skin when applied on its own. But it performs so well as a base and is really comfortable to have on. It's also very affordable and skin-friendly so until I come across something else, I guess I'm sticking to this find!
So if you've been looking for an affordable, light, skin-friendly makeup base without that silicon feel, check out the VMV Hypoallergenics BBBB cream~ I'd love to know how it works for you! =)