But you know how it is with us women...can't help sniffing around the stores for new products to play with~
While it's not a new product, the reviews I read online were almost 100% positive so when I spotted the Philosophy Kiss Me Tonight Intensive Lip Therapy on Luxola during their many sales, I thought, why not?
|S$23 / 9g from Luxola|
It's a small screw top pot, not unlike the usual balm pots in terms of size.
Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hydrogenated polyisobutene, glycerin, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, flavor (aroma), beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, c18-38 alkyl hydroxystearoyl stearate, hydrogenated castor oil, c12-16 alcohols, irvingia gabonensis kernel butter, octyldodecanol, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, tocopheryl acetate, beta vulgaris (beet) root extract, melia azadirachta leaf extract, palmitic acid, retinyl palmitate, eclipta prostrata extract, moringa pterygosperma oil, hydrogenated lecithin, phenoxyethanol.
Kiss Me Tonight is an intense lip therapy that keeps lips soft and in perfect kissable condition with an ultra-creamy formula. It works on contact soften roughness, relieve dryness and sooth seriously dry lips. This luxurious lip treatment helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, adds shape and definition, and restores a healthy rosy appearance.
Apply to lips at night. Can also be applied throughout the day as needed.
The texture is similar to vaseline but more smooth or buttery.
It applies very smooth, isn't sticky on the lips and smells lightly of minty vanilla, nice!
It's colourless so it doesn't add anything except a glossy sheen to your lips. If your lips are dry this does help sooth it and over regular use, softens the lips. Unfortunately, that seems to be all it did for me. #sadface
The before & after pics were after 1 overnight use and the next morning, despite the name of the product, I don't think The Husband would've liked to kiss me (^ - ^;;) because there was this slightly white-ish layer on my lips that needed rubbing off aka overnight exfoliation.
|From L - R : Before, During and After|
After rubbing off the dead skin, I was like (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻ that my lips looked even worse than before. I really thought I would behold juiced up lips like when I use the lips masks from The Face Shop. Sigh.
After a little over a week's daily use now, I still don't see any difference in the fine line department. My lips are softer and feel smoother but aside from that....not the overnight miracle I was expecting after all those glittering reviews I'd read online.
So now I just use this as an overnight exfoliator and a daytime gloss or base for lip colour since it does make my lips feel softer & smoother. But as far as the fine lines go, I've given up on getting any fantastic results. Not anytime soon anyway.
So in a nutshell, Philosophy's Kiss Me Tonight Intensive Lip Therapy:
- is an affordable and easily available option in this Philosophy's product range.
- comes in a small sturdy plastic tub, pretty & very convenient except you need an applicator if you don't want to stick your fingers in.
- product's texture is nice, like a buttery-er version of Vaseline, and very lightly scented mint & vanilla.
- a light peach in the tub but applies clear, giving a nice sheen to the lips.
- applies well, smooths and soothes dry chapped lips and makes for a pretty good base for lip colours.
- performs well as a lip balm, 1 application and no dry lips even after 12 hours in aircon! (but no SPF aww..)
- behaves like Vaseline if used overnight i.e exfoliating, but didn't leave my lips feeling particularly moisturised.
- after 1 1/2 week daily use (overnight & daytime), lips feel smoother & softer with less dry patches.
- didn't make any difference on the fine lines yet (T_T)
- if purchasing, do note that full results might take some time to surface.
Would I repurchase? Probably not. It's works ok but isn't the intensive treatment I was hoping it would be.
Do you have any intensive lip therapy or treatment products to recommend? I'd love to get a headsup! =)