Monday 5 May 2014

PureHeal's Galactomyces 90 Ampoule - Galacto-what?

Some months ago, I noticed the new range of Korean skincare at Sephora - PureHeal's. Of course this is no longer new NEW but I've had regular usage of the product for about 4 months now and my satisfaction level remains high (^_^)

PureHeal's products fall mainly into 4 lines:
  • Galactomyces (Radiance) - Whitening Line
  • Propolis (Moisture) - Moisturising and Anti-Bacterial Line (The Propolis 90 Ampoule is incredibly popular, it's always out of stock when I pop by!)
  • Centella (Nutritive) - Anti-aging Line
  • Caviar (Renewing) - Skin Renewal and Barrier Enhancing (dual-function)

Picked up the PureHeal's Galactomyces 90 Ampoule for the fairly ridiculous low price of S$28!

S$28 / 30ml

Contains 90% Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate which is basically yeast fermentation filtrate combined with honey infused with 10 different Korea-grown herbal ingredients. 30ml doesn't sound like much but I used it twice a day, about 1/2 to 3/4 of a full pump each time and it lasted me about 2 1/2 months!

Here's an idea of the size:


 Back-of-the-box info:


 

5 stars in the wrinkle improvement department!

Some background information here, I've been on the lookout for something to replace my collagen supplements so in the event I get pregnant, I'll have something on hand ready to take care of those pesky laugh lines! Luckily, I encountered PureHeal's just as I was beginning my search~

It's a clear ampoule that dispenses hygienically out of a clear glass dropper. As mentioned earlier, I use 1/2 to 3/4 of a full pump each time. I started out using a full pump each time but I found that it made my face a little over-moisturized aka shiny.


The ampoule spreads well and is absorbed quite nicely after about a minute or so of light patting.


It only leaves a barely noticeable tackiness that disappears after I apply my moisturizer.

So I stopped my collagen pills and started using this ampoule faithfully twice a day before my moisturizer. I noticed the effect very quickly over the next few days. Being a late sleeper by habit, the problem is without my collagen supplements, my laugh lines become really obvious especially when I just wake up. With the PureHeal's Galactomyces ampoule however, I wake up looking really fresh and dare I say, rejuvenated? =D It works well in hand with my Laneige emulsion and extremely well with the Laneige sleeping pack!

Here's the before and after comparison! The first shot was taken the morning after my first usage...both shots taken first thing in the morning after my skincare routine.

I swear the worst part of having a beauty blog is having to show my naked face so often (=___=);;

The whitening effect is very slight and I can't see that big a difference from an overall look but when I studied the shots close up, there were some slight differences.


I'm not sure if it's as noticeable to you but there were a couple of deeper wrinkles on my undereye area that have disappeared and the pores on my cheek look slightly finer too!

So in a nutshell, PureHeal's Galactomyces 90 Ampoule:
  • comes in a nice glass bottle with an easy-to-control dropper dispenser.
  • is an effective moisturizing ampoule at an extremely affordable price.
  • has a very faint floral scent, only noticeable if you sniff at the bottle opening.
  • intensive moisturizing effect doesn't leave skin feeling too oily or sticky.
  • helps skin look rejuvenated and fresh on mornings after a late night or lack of sleep.
  • is light enough for undereye application, helps with undereye wrinkles too!
  • recommended patting motion for absorption takes a little longer than usual so impatient types might find that troublesome.
Would I buy this again? In a heartbeat! I'm actually almost 1/3 into my 2nd bottle actually and intend to pick up a couple more later this week~ I also bought the Centella 90 Ampoule some time ago but haven't seen much effect from that one yet =\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?