Wednesday 7 November 2012

Same Same But Different?

Remember when I said that the Konjac sponges might come in different densities? Well, I'd just like to illustrate that with the 2 sponges from 2 different brands.

From Left: Dry Charcoal Konjac Sponge (Pink Package from Watsons)
& a moist Aloe Konjac Sponge (Konjac Care; Star King from SaSa)

The Charcoal Sponge is completely dried up like a prune in the above photo, but when moist it will expand to the same size as the Star King Aloe Sponge and look like this:


From Left: Moist Charcoal Konjac Sponge & moist Aloe Konjac Sponge
 
If you can tell, the Charcoal Sponge is slightly more porous than the Aloe Sponge. I'm not sure if it's because of the additional 'ingredients' that make the Aloe Sponge feel firmer and more spongy. It also doesn't give the 'omg so clean but so hydrated' feeling that the Charcoal Sponge imparts. Visually, it looks like the net-like structure of the konjac fibers is more concentrated on the Aloe Sponge thus the less 'contour-friendly' feeling.
 
I haven't opened the other sponges yet but I believe that the ones with additives (tomato, cucumber etc) from Star King are all of the firmer variety. Personally, the softer Charcoal Konjac sponge appeals to me more for the texture and the cleaner, more hydrated feeling. Just a little comparison for your reference~ =)

If you noticed, I received 2 Yamamoto Farm Konjac Sponges at the Watsons sale from my Collagen box sets, very lucky 'cos I was about to buy them online~ The sponges I have been using are made in China but I've been looking to get the Japanese ones for comparison. ^^

Have you tried the Konjac sponges from different countries yet? How do they measure up against each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?